Hi, Betties! Katie, here – one of the newest Betty Editors…
I hate for my first post to be a sad one, but I need to ask for your help to support a fellow lady photographer who has recently lost everything in a fire.
Kori Sutton – you may recognize the name Kori Hiser – is a portrait photographer who was living in Cape May until her husband was stationed in Bainbridge Island, WA, right outside of Seattle, last year. Two days ago, Kori’s house burned down taking with it everything they owned. She lived with her twin sister, their husbands, and her two little boys – 18 months and 4 years old. And all of them are left with only the clothes on their backs.
Her external hard drives where she had everything backed up, her camera equipment, her computer, her clothes, her little boys’ toys – all of it is GONE.
It’s heartbreaking to think of such a sweet person losing everything – but a fellow lady photographer who is SO talented basically put out of business by a fire? We Betties have big hearts – let’s reach out to her!
Kori’s a Nikon lady, and she has been given a D300 and one prime lens (I’m not sure which one, but she prefers to shoot with primes). This doesn’t replace what she lost, but it’s a start. But anything anyone can part with – extra memory cards, camera equipment, bags, etc – would be so appreciated!
In addition, Kori and her family are in need of a lot more!
• Clothes: Kori is a size 2 and her sister a 4 – both of them smalls. Her sons are sizes 2T and 4T. (I don’t have Kori or her sister’s husbands’ sizes, unfortunately.)
• Shoes: Both Kori and her sister wear a size 7
• Diapers (size 4), toys for the boys, books – you name it!
• Another helpful idea is gift cards.
• If you’d like to make a monetary donation, you can send it to her directly through Paypal; her email address for Paypl is firstname.lastname@example.org
I will be sending a big box Wednesday, so if you would like for me to include anything (or if you would rather send things yourself) contact me at email@example.com
Thanks so much, Betties! I know that Kori isn’t in our area anymore, but I like to think that we photo girls need to stick together, no matter where we are! If you have the means, let’s do what we can to help her out!